Sunday, March 1, 2009

Couponing 101: How to Get Started

What Should I Do First?

1. On Sunday morning buy 2 newspapers.
You'll need two coupons to take advantage of the best deals. Note: In Atlanta, The Atlanta Journal Constitution offers a special double wrapped paper for $2.50.

2. Take out the coupon inserts labeled: Smart Source (SS); Red Plum (RP); Proctor and Gamble (PG).

3. Write the date on the front cover of each insert.
You'll need the date as a reference. If you forget to write the date on the insert, don't worry the date is printed on the spine of the front cover in very small print.

4. Since you'll have two inserts from each coupon publisher, I suggest you make a single magazine for each insert. It's simple to do. For example, take your two Smart Source inserts and combine them so both Huggies coupons are together when you go to cut the coupons out.

Let's Get Organized

1. Purchase a coupon and file organizer.
Label the file tabs January- December so you can easily recognize each month.

I found The Couponizer and a portable file tote with hanging file folders works best for me. I started out with a file accordion but I found that I needed more storage space for my inserts.

If you would like to order The Couponizer, you can purchase it directly from me for $19.99 + tax and shipping.


2. Browse through the inserts and cut out any coupons you know you would typically use and place them on The Coupstacker (this is found in the last insert of your Couponizer.) Then place them in your Couponizer.


3. Don't cut out every coupon. It's time consuming and unnecessary. Just file them in your filing tote according to the month. You'll get to use them later.


What's Next? Sign up for a Gmail email account.

This email account is specifically created for your internet coupon special offers, promotions, and igoogle blog tracking.

Where Can I Find Internet Printable Coupons?

Penny Pincher Gazette: ppgazette.com
SmartSource.com
Coupons.com
Hot Coupon World.com
Cabin Coupons
Cool Savings.com
Manufacturer's websites

**These websites require you to log-in with an email address. This is where your gmail email account comes in handy.

No comments:

Post a Comment